Nutrition Planning Diploma
With the rise in illnesses caused by lack of nutrition which include obesity, type II diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and so on, we are faced with important choices in terms of diet and nutrition on a daily basis. It is also important to understand the role nutrition plays in growth and development throughout our lives. The Nutrition Planning Diploma course at Thames Business School is for individuals who are inspire to live a healthier life and motivate other to do the same, through a career as a nutrition planner.
This course will teach participants the foundation and advanced topics in nutrition, health coaching fundamentals, tools for nutrition planning, entrepreneurial business development, marketing, and professional communications. The Diploma in Nutrition Planning is a comprehensive introduction to the important role nutrition in maintaining health of individuals.
The Thames Business School Diploma Course in Nutrition Planning is designed to produce individuals who are experts and can help other people live a life with proper nutrition. This course will also teach individuals about the nutrients needed by the body to grow, develop, and flourish. This course is ideal for anyone looking to lose weight, boost energy levels or for those who wish to add nutrition to their list of professional skills.
On the completion of the course, students will be awarded the Nutrition Planning Diploma.
This diploma course will provide a clear introduction to the digestive system of humans. The course will offer participants a comprehensive knowledge into the life sustaining the chemical processes that occur in human’s living cells from the perspectives of macronutrients. This course will also teach participants how to plan for balanced meals, set goals, adapt meals to achieve their objectives and finally understand how to take charge of their health. This diploma course will ensure participants are taught the necessary skills needed to plan the physical activities and nutrition diets of other people, in other to empower them to a long term healthy change.
At the end of this diploma course, you will be awarded with a Diploma in Nutrition Planning and will also be able to:
- Assess nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans to develop and implement dietary-care plans and provide nutritional counseling.
- Consult with physicians and health care personnel to decide on the nutritional needs and diet restrictions of patient or client.
- Advise people on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation and quality standards.
- Develop policies for food service or nutritional programs to assist in health promotion and disease control.
The course is valid for 12 months, however, students can take less time to complete the course.
This is a self-study course, the course will be delivered via our online learning zone. Students will be given the learning materials and assignment to complete the course.
On registration, a personal tutor will be assigned to students to help them with their course and assignments.