Civil Service Diploma
The Thames Business School diploma in Civil Service is will provide participants more in-depth analysis and explanation on various government system, public administration, and strategies of governance. This diploma course will act as an important step in the career enhancement of civil and public servants and any individual wishing to get employed as a civil servant. This course is designed to create and strengthen key processes in the government system.
After completing this Diploma course, learners will have a more in-depth knowledge and understanding of the ways in which government and public administration are run, and the changing environment in which they operate. This course will also help in developing the analytical skills of learners and introduce various techniques and knowledge in assisting in the performance of their functions. This Civil Service Diploma is specifically designed for individuals working in the civil service, state agency, and local authority sectors. The course is also of strong relevance to those in organisations that deal significantly with government and the public administration system. This course is also important in the transformation of public services’, as well as an ever-increasing complexity of government.
On the completion of the course, students will be awarded the Civil Service Diploma.
The Diploma in Civil Service is designed to provide learners with the comprehensive knowledge of government in globally. In the modern world of today where the integration and transformation of public services is common, participants will get a system-wide understanding of the roles and functions of the various government sectors and the key processes such as legislation, budgeting, modernisation and decision making in the government. This diploma course will provide participants an extensive knowledge of the civil and public service system, in other to better appreciate the role and interactions of their organisations within this multifaceted system. This course will also equip learners to deal with the numerous of tasks and responsibilities in their civil service careers.
At the end of this diploma course, you will be awarded with a Civil Service Diploma and will also be able to:
- Use excellent customer service skills to deal with, other civil servants, members of the public or other organisations.
- Interpret and apply complex written information relating to policies and procedures.
- Manage and work efficiently with resources, mostly on a limited budget.
- Use communication skills, both oral and written, to explain complex information to colleagues and members of the public.
- Achieve and deliver results within deadlines.
- Work quickly under pressure, often according to complex rules and procedures.
- Research and carry out analysis related to a particular area of economic or political interest.
- Provide facts, based on research, and deliver findings to senior staff members, which may eventually feed into future policy work.
The course is valid for 12 months, however, students can take less time to complete the course.
This is a self-study course, the course will be delivered via our online learning zone. Students will be given the learning materials and assignment to complete the course.
On registration, a personal tutor will be assigned to students to help them with their course and assignments.